/* Death to the List: No. 35 - Death to Ill Fitting Clothing and Shoes

Monday, July 30, 2007

No. 35 - Death to Ill Fitting Clothing and Shoes

There's nothing like having to pack up your entire apartment and having to put it into a small 10' x 10' storage space that will motivate you more to go through all of your belongings and make you sort through and get rid of all the clothes, shoes and other miscellaneous items that you don't wear/use any more. It's freeing to to get rid of things that have been taking up space in your home as well as life. It's not easy though, more so for women I think because we have memories attached to all these items. The outfit I met so and so in. My first [insert item here]. It's like letting go of a part of your past. Which is actually a good thing sometimes. But just because you don't physically have a specific item anymore doesn't mean you've lost the memory (as long as you're not losing your mind of course, which sometime I am, which is why I have a blog...well several blogs actually). I think I rid my closet of maybe three or four garbage bags of clothes. Why was holding on to a lot of that stuff??? It's gone now though and while I'll miss a few items I feel so much better and I'm sure my friends that helped me put stuff in storage are glad they didn't have to help me haul it over.



Post a Comment

© 2006 Death to the List | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.