/* Death to the List: No. 19 - Where's the Beef?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No. 19 - Where's the Beef?

I did it. A whole month without eating beef. My actual intentions were to try to not eat beef AND pork for a whole month, but a friend gave me a gentle reminder that it was the beginning of BBQ season and that I'd be missing out on some good eats. I did avoid pork as much as I could though. Avoiding beef wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There are still plenty of beef like options out there, like soy burgers, soy sausage, soy hot dogs. I luuuuub cheeseburgers and thankfully the soy burgers or more so the spicy black bean burgers were a great substitute. Soy Italian sausages on the other hand. Blech, not so much. I liked the spicy black bean burgers so much that I've decided to add them to my regular diet.

I didn't crave beef as much as I thought I would and think I could probably cut beef out of my diet for the most part with the occasional steak here and cheeseburger there, only on special occasions of course. I think I even dropped a few pounds while on my beefless diet, a good thing of course. I didn't really notice any other changes though. Maybe I was a little more tired as I do recall doing a lot of sleeping during that period, but who knows that could be blamed on a variety of other things.

When my month was up I was ready for my cheeseburger. I was fairly patient...as in I think I went a day over a month before I sashayed over to Johnny Rockets and partook in a cheeseburger and fries. I'm sure I could've picked a better place but I was hungry and my only reasonably priced options where Steak 'n Shake (me no likey) and McDonald's (I didn't feel like walking ALLLLL the way across the street or up the stairs, over the bridge, down the stairs and through the Hyatt). Yeah I was being lazy...it's because I was beef deprived and tired.



Post a Comment

© 2006 Death to the List | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.